This is a rarity, me posting on a Saturday. But, I couldn't keep this stove-top potpourri recipe from being shared. As a matter of fact you need to make this right this second. Because don't you want your home to smell like the festiveness of the season...citrus, cinnamon, and cloves?! Truly, what's better than the simmering scents of the holidays? You can't beat it!
It really is as easy as it looks. Grab a saucepan and let's get to work!
- What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1 orange (sliced)
- 4 cinnamon sticks (broken in half)
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- Handful of cloves
- 1/4 TSP nutmeg
- What You'll Do
- Just slice up your orange into wedges and stick 4-7 whole cloves in each wedge.
- Break your cinnamon sticks and add those, the orange wedges, leftover cloves, nutmeg, and cranberries to a pot of simmering water.
- Let the potpourri continue to simmer on low, filling your home with the best aroma for as long as you like.
- Add extra water if it gets too low at any point.
Now kick back, grab a cup of coffee and a holiday magazine! You're home is going to be smelling like the holidays before you know it! And it's going to be AMAZING!
See you on Monday, with the dish on our Supper Club festivities!