Wednesdays seem to be my recipe days lately. Last week it was pregnancy-friendly Mulled Apple Cranberry Sangria, the week before Red Velvet Oreo Brownie Bars, and before that an Autumn Chopped Salad. Basically, it's been a month of baking and cooking. My kitchen is churning out recipes like a machine!
So I'm keeping with tradition and sharing a great and simple dessert recipe for the holidays! In order to spend more time doing all things festive and not so much time in the kitchen, I knew I wanted a dessert that would take minimal time, yet make a big impact. And that's how Mini Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites were born.
- What You'll Need
- Pillsbury Gingerbread Cookie Dough
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- What You'll Do
- Begin by taking your cream cheese out of the fridge and letting it soften.
- Roll the gingerbread dough into one inch balls. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes in a mini muffin pan.
- Once baked and out of the oven, use a melon baller to cave in the middle of each cookie ball. Be gentle so you don't tear them. Let them cool completely before removing from the pan. Once cooled, move to a cooling rack.
- In a bowl whip the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling to a zip lock bag or piping bag. Cut a very small corner of the bag. Pipe in the filling.
- Put in the fridge for an hour or so before serving. Store in the fridge.
Whether you've got a holiday party to go to or you want a fun treat around the house, this is the way to go! Gingerbread is definitely one of the flavors of the season, and who doesn't love cheesecake?! Now to get to baking!