To say I'm swooning over these photos would be not even touch how smitten I am. One of the things I love most are photos of my family. Whether it's of my husband and I to celebrate our marriage, a session to document pregnancy, or a family shoot, I love them all.
This time around Rachel of Rachel Wells Photography captured a rare moment of husband and I alone as we approached our third wedding anniversary this past October. As parents, it's not always easy to find time together without our sweet girl. Balancing us as husband and wife with us as a family of three is an art. It's important to celebrate our marriage daily, so we keep our foundation strong, strengthening too our family. I love these photos for more than just their beautiful quality, and the landscape. I love them most of all because they capture us the way we are now. These will be treasures to reminisce back on in the years to come.
In preparing for this shoot, the wardrobe was my main focus. I wanted us to coordinate without being too matchy-matchy. It was also important that we didn't clash with our backdrop. In this case, we were up on my Grandmom's farm in the mountains of Virginia, making the goal for our outfits to be natural and elegant. And I think we accomplished it!
We achieved our look with some styling by PinkBlush and tips from our photographer. Because who knows better how an outfit will read on a camera than the gal snapping the photographs?! And Rachel couldn't have been more spot on about what to wear. She was a huge help in selecting our pieces.
Here are Rachel's tips for picking out an outfit for any photo session:
- I can't say enough about flowy dresses and skirts. They add so much life and movement to images!
- Soft, neutral colors really complement the natural elements of your surroundings and can provide such a pretty tone throughout your images.
- That being said, I love a unique pattern or color! Astleigh's floral dress photographed so beautifully. The pattern was the perfect size (sometimes small patterns can look off) and the tones were beautiful.
- Don't be afraid to go more formal than you typically dress! I absolutely love the look of a formally dressed couple in a wild field. It can be so fun and fresh!
- Guys, you can NOT go wrong in a well-tailored suit. It's timeless!
- The number one thing - be comfortable. Don't wear anything that makes you feel less than beautiful and confident. There is nothing more beautiful than confidence!
These photos are timeless and classic; I am so excited to hang them on the walls in our home. I can't thank Rachel enough for pointing us in the right direction for our wardrobe and for capturing us so well. Her photography never ceases to amaze me. If you haven't considered an anniversary session, I can't recommend it enough!
And a special thank you to PinkBlush for providing my outfits.
Their selection of dresses, skirts, and tops is exceptional for styling your next photoshoot.