Festive is my middle name. Cozy is too. Let's just call me Astleigh Festive Cozy. For real though, I am in my element during the fall. From my house to the food I make, just about everything is fall-themed in one way or another. And I don't exclude drinks.
For husband's birthday, we enjoyed a twist on a classic mimosa. Of course, I was inspired by apple season and our visit to the apple orchard the day before. Instead of the orange juice, I used apple cider. Of course, they were amazing and will be making another appearance soon.
- What You'll Need (measurements per drink)
- 3/4 cup chilled champagne
- 1/2 cup chilled apple cider
- 1 apple, sliced
- Gold sugar gems (in the sprinkles section at the store)
- What You'll Do
- Dip the rim of your glass in a bowl of water. Then dip into the gold sugar gems.
- Pour the apple cider into the glass, followed by the champagne. Throw in some apple slice and garnish with one
And don't get me started on all the other ways I'll be using apple cider this season. There's a gallon of it in my fridge now just waiting to be used up. I think I'll start with my crock pot apple-stuffed pork recipe. It's supposed to be chilly, and there's nothing better than windows open, a crock pot meal cooking away on a fall day. Am I right?!
What else do you use apple cider for during autumn??